Thursday, February 26, 2009

cause you mean more to me than any earthly thing....

so lately i have been playing my guitar more, i still can really only play G,C,D,Em tho, which is ok, cuz many worship songs only use those 4 chords lol! anyways, so i have about 3 songs set aside with those cords that i can play and one is Lord Reign in Me, and it was stuck in my head to day at work as i was off in the corner by myself making dilly bars (sometimes it kills me to be so anti-social, other times its great to chat with God!) anyways so im singing the words (in my head, and occasionally outloud :P) and this line comes up "cause you mean more to me, than any earthly thing" and i stop, it just hits me like a brick in my stomach, i have been singing this song for days, but all of a sudden that line just hit me, it impacted me like i imagined a semi would. that line just stuck with me, bounced around my head. "cause you mean more to me than any earthly thing" its a powerful line, and its made me question, is it true in my life, i love God, dont get me wrong, but does He really mean more to me than any earthly thing? i know the answer should be yes, im just unsure of if it is, but thats ok, cuz i know if it isnt, thats something God and i will work through and it will be yes. what about you? does God mean more to you than any earthly thing? would you sacrifice your own son or daughter if God asked you to? cause i dont think there is a single person in the world who could mean more to you than your own child.
"cause you mean more to me than any earthly thing"
hmm. let it sit with you, take a moment. ponder it in your own mind and spirit.

No comments: