Sunday, January 11, 2009

just a devotional thought....

so im reading through Joshua, and this is what verse jumped off the page at me;

That day the LORD exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they revered him all the days of his life, just as they had revered Moses. (Joshua 4:14)

I think its God's desire to exhalt each one of us, as leaders, for our own "Israel" weather you pastor and mentor 5000+, or 50, or maybe even just 1. I believe it is God's desire to use you, to have your "lsraelities" be revered to you, (or side note: revered means to regard with awe, respect and devotion...looked it up :P) and not because of who you are and what you can do but because of the God that dwells inside of you and what He can do through you.

i have had many days where i wonder why i should live a life fully for Jesus and not for myself, and this verse is a reminder to me, its because it has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with God, and those He desires to reach and know, and know more,
im merely a vessel for Him.

No comments: