Tuesday, November 24, 2009

micah 6:8

Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

This verse is really speaking to me. especially the "act justly" part. there is a HUGE injustice in our world right now that God has put on my heart and its breaking my heart. if you read my blog i have talked about it before. sex trafficking. this time im not gonna post a bunch of statistics (if you want some scroll down to my previous post on sex trafficking) but more so just try to express how i feel with words.

it breaks my heart, not just breaks it, but shatters it, and i feel at such a loss cause i dont know what to do, i feel God has called me to pray and inform people, but that doesnt feel like enough (as important as i know both things are) i feel He is calling me to more, to be more involved, i just dont know how that will look yet.

im reading this book called "sex trafficking inside the business of modern slavery" by Siddharth Kara, im on page 22 and still in chapter one and its such a hard read. its so heart breaking. but the way i look at it is, as much as my heart breaks i cant imagine how broken those women and girls in those situations are.

my prayer is that you would ask God to give you a passion for an injustice, that he would break your heart for what breaks His, it doesn't have to necessarily be sex trafficking, but i feel God has an injustice to place on all of our hearts because the world is full of injustice and God desires to see justice, and He uses us for all else, so why should the injustices of the world be any different?

so step back, take a break from what your doing and ask God to break your heart for something that breaks His, weather its sex trafficking, homelessness, starvation, lack of water in 3rd world countries, or anything, i just encourage you and pray you would get passionate about something! (if you already are, kudos to you!)
keep on truckin my dear friends!

No comments: