Monday, November 30, 2009

Craig Harris... an amazing man

so, today i randomly text my friend Mike (when i should have been doing an major essay due tues) to ask what hes up to, i end up going to a sunday night service at CLA where my first youth pastor was leading worship! i walked in and was like (in my head) is that Craig? no? yah? no? weird... haha then Mike looks up and is like "hey! thats Craig!" so it was amazing, after the service we tracked him down and went out to mcdonalds and hung out it was amazing.

Craig Harris is a huge part of the reason im here today, he was the first person to really pour into my life, to be that Godly big brother,to pray with and for me, to give Godly wisdom (altho, much to my stupidity i didnt follow it much) to just love me where i was at, and to listen time and time again as i struggled with the same issues.
many amazing people have come in and out of my life who have loved me and poured their lives into me like Craig, and i am so thankful for each one of them, but he was the first one to come along side me in my walk with God and that is something special!
He is why i want to be a youth pastor today. (aside from the whole God calling me to youth ministry thing :P) He was an incredible youth pastor and big brother figure in my life my first year or two of being a Christian, he always believed in me, and i want to do that in the lives of youth the way he did in the life of mine. i am so thankful that he was a part of my life, and i am so thankful that God has reconnected us.
He is an amazing man of God with many gifts and talents, he is an incredible family man, with a beautiful wife and 4 amazing children (3 i have met, one i look forward to meeting!) he is amazing at his job and has one of the most incredible voices i have ever heard... i still remember kerrin gration and i joking that we loved his voice so much we would buy his cd even if he sang about cows! hahaha.
He is just an amazing man of God and i am so blessed to have had him in my life!
Craig:thank you so much! i pray God blesses you beyond what you could hope for or imagine, and know this, you made a difference in this girls life! i would not be here today without you in my life that first stage of my walk with God. i love you brother!

No comments: